Carlisle-Branson Funeral Service & Crematory has served the surrounding communities since the early 1890s. Frank E. Carlisle began in funeral service by purchasing an interest in the J.H. Rusie Furniture and Undertaking business.
In 1895, with partner Daniel Gilbert, Frank purchased a storefront in downtown Mooresville (the building is currently occupied by the Harris & Currens Law Office). After one year, he purchased Gilbert's interest and began conducting business under his own name. Frank’s son, Milford E. Carlisle, joined the business in 1929 shortly after his father’s death.
In 1949, the funeral home moved to its present location of 39 East High Street. In 1952, after his service in the Marine Corps during the Korean War, Milford’s son, George E. Carlisle, joined the firm. George’s son, Samuel E. Carlisle, joined the firm in 1988, after graduating from Ball State University and Mid America College of Mortuary Science. Sam owned and operated the business until January of 2007, when he sold the business to Chris and Mary Beth Branson.
In December of 2010, Chris and Mary Beth opened the first crematory in Morgan County to better serve the families with the peace of mind on-site cremation provides. In 2011, the Carlisle and Branson family names merged to create Carlisle-Branson Funeral Service & Crematory. The facilities and name have changed over the years, but the quality of service and commitment of the owners has not. Chris and Mary Beth find pride and privilege providing personalized care to the families they serve.
© Carlisle-Branson Funeral Service | Mooresville, IN - Funeral Home Website Design By Frazer Consultants